Pumpkin Investigation Wrap Up!

 This week in grade two we wrapped up our pumpkin investigation.  Students made all kind of interesting discoveries from the how the colour can tell us how long a pumpkin has been on the vine, to how the number of ribs a pumpkin has can predict the number of seed it will have.  Students practiced skip counting 2,5,10 while counting seeds from our pumpkins.  We concluded our learning by predicting then counting the number of elastic bands it would take to explode our pumpkins! So much fun!

Success Criteria:

I can participate in sharing circle

I can contribute to a variety of listening and speaking activities to build my confidence

I can record new information in a logical sequence including sensory details

I can organize my ideas on one focus topic

I can record factual information through messages that include images words and sentences

I can identify, create, and continue a growing patterns

I can investigate the patterns on a 100's chart












Comments