April 9th, 2023.

Good evening 2nd Grade Crew families! Happy Easter and Passover to you all. We hope you have had an excellent long weekend together with your families and have been able to enjoy this beautiful April weather!

Just a reminder that our Swim forms are now past due please get them into your teachers as soon as possible. Also a reminder that your student forms are also due regarding student enrolment next year at Andrew Sibbald.

As the snow has been melting, there is lots of mud and puddles and a lot of our students experienced wet clothes and wet shoes this week. If you could please send your child with extra pants or rubber boots this week that would awesome!

This week at school we have been busy working on in;

Gym Parachute Games

Math Place Value and expanded form

Science: Arctic Research Project using I-pads (Book Creator App) Craik

Literacy: Story writing 

This week the students worked on creating various Art projects in both Grade 2 classrooms. 

In Ms. Craik's class students worked on creating an Easter portrait using watercolour, paper and sharpies (we hope you enjoyed these coming home this weekend for Easter).

Some of our learning Intentions this week during Art were:

I can use shapes in my art

I can look at art and explain what I see

I can create texture in art

I can create my own designs

I can self reflect on my art and add finishing touches

Students can layer shapes and forms to create art













See you all Tuesday morning! 



Comments